Betsy DeVos is under Status quo sniper fire.
Teachers Unions and their pals in the Leftstream Media are fighting DeVos every step of the way.
Typical headline: Washington Post blasts. ” So far, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is just what her critics feared.”
Bullet points fired: The headline was followed by a laundry list of odd criticisms. One of which was that she “gave a confusing answer.” lol
Since teachers make their living grading and criticizing others, the Teachers Unions ought to take a good hard look at themselves. Maybe they’d see why they’re getting failing grades instead of pumpkin stickers.
Rebuttal bullet points: “how schools are as bad as critics say”
- The US has the highest cost of education per student in the wold-yet we rank 14th in the world in overall education. We rank 38th in math and 24th in science.
- Instead of focusing on math and science, schools have become obsessed with sex education. The trend to normalize anal sex and to teach sex to students as young as Kindergarten forces us to rethink options.
- Aside from prioritizing sex ed, the trend is to promote transgender-ism and homosexuality. This is under the guise of teaching tolerance and diversity. All they really need is a zero tolerance for bullying policy in place.
- Long hours, grueling homework, common core soul-crushing curriculum.
- Teachers aren’t teaching kids how to think but what to think.
- Democratic indoctrination. Schools have engaged in partisan politics. Teachers created mock elections, then bullied students who would cast their mock vote for Trump. Unacceptable.
- Islamification. Schools aren’t just promoting tolerance, they’re promoting Islam. Many schools have handed Islamic literature to students. Some are teaching that Islam had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks.
WaPo Video caption: “The Trump administration on Feb. 22 revoked federal protections for transgender students in public schools who sought to use the restrooms that match their gender identity.”
Rebuttal caption: “The Trump administration revoked protection for transgender students. President Trump instead, chose to protect the vast majority of students who are not transgender.”
Last week IMOwired discussed alternatives for public school.
It was delightful to see President Trump thinking out of the box.
WaPo reported that he had her back.
And for those who support her prioritizing of school choice, statements such as this, which she gave to Axios, are reassuring: “I expect there will be more public charter schools. I expect there will be more private schools. I expect there will be more virtual schools. I expect there will be more schools of any kind that haven’t even been invented yet.”
Further in the article the WaPo gets to the crux of the matter, the real reason that the Teachers Unions hate her.
To advocates of the public education system, the absence of a mention of traditional public schools in her vision is alarming, though not unexpected. They had fought against her confirmation in the Senate because they believed her years-long advocacy for school choice showed that she wants to privatize the public education system.
What do they have to fear?
If they’re gifted teachers, they’ll find a spot in a privatized school system.
But for damaged individuals, or mediocre teachers who want to kick back on their tenure, or those who snooze in rubber rooms-yup. She’s everything they feared.
Sure, there’ll be parents who won’t be thrilled to see our kids have better schools and more options for a better education. Those would be parents who mindlessly suck up the media’s demonization of Trump and therefore DeVos.There’ll also be some who childishly cave to peer pressure, or others whose brains are on auto pilot. This is school. This is what you do. This is where you go. Change nothing.
Not exactly “progressive.”
It’s odd that people who flaunt the badge of “liberal” or “progressive” decry the Trump administration’s Anti-Establishment, status quo initiatives.
Their hypocrisy is odd too. They’re totally against school choice, unless it applies to their own kids who are sent to private schools.
And not exactly a good idea either.
“Liberal” Harvard University contradicts their outcry. They LOVE home schooled kids. Business Insider reported that the new path to Harvard is home schooling.
What does that tell you?
Do you support these new initiatives? Comment below!