Teachers in a California school decided that the best way to teach kids about slavery is to have students bound with tape and forced to lie down in a dark room.
Supposedly having students bound by tape, forcing them to lie down in rows, side by side, shoulder to shoulder and watching a clip from “Roots” will teach them about the horrors of slavery. The kids were not flogged. Maybe next year.
Parents of eight graders attending Whitney High School in Cerritos received an email describing the upcoming “Unique Learning Experience.” As mentioned before, it would involve students bound by masking tape and forced to lie in a dark room and watch a Roots clip. But there was more. In addition to the physical aspects of the “lesson,” parents were told that it would be a surprise for the students. (most students were warned by other students) Teachers would play the role of slave masters and the kids would be the slaves.
Mom Shardé Carrington wasn’t having any of it.
She was horrified to read the email and refused to let her son participate. Her son is black in a predominately white and Asian school.
Carrington, who is African American, told HuffPost on Thursday that upon receiving the initial email, she cycled through feelings of disbelief, denial, and finally anger. She feared that by presenting the exercise as a “unique learning experience,” the teachers were being “irresponsible at best, manipulative and dangerous at worst.”
Carrington was also horrified to learn that this has taken place for the last 10 years. She has since taken steps to put an end to it, such as starting a facebook page and contacting an assistant professor of African Studies to discuss a more sensible approach with the school.
Special note below this post regarding Sharde Carrington
Shardé Carrington nails it with these two statements:
“Would you simulate rape in order to encourage sensitivity toward survivors? Will children pretend to be in Japanese internment camps as well?”
“The teachers promised no psychological harm would be inflicted, but you cannot predict how anyone will respond to being bound in the dark and viewing traumatic images,” she said. “In a world where trigger warnings are becoming commonplace, to send an unwitting child to school to participate in a cruel activity such as this is just wrong for anyone.”
Here’s seven other reasons to take issue with it:
- It’s a clever way for the school swamps to continue the self loathing anti-American indoctrination of our students.
- It’s a clever-and legal-way for teachers to abuse students. It involves trauma that combines mental, physical and emotional manipulation.
- It’s just way too physically invasive. IMO- hands off our kids.
- It’s a sinister way to trigger kids into viewing authority figures as slave masters. Given the increased war on police this is not a good idea.
- It’s another way to make kids hypersensitive about race and racial division, which keeps them enslaved by identity politics.
- It’s a clever way to keep white guilt alive and well. For all these years kids have had enough of an imagination to understand the abomination of slavery. They can read. They have imaginations. Genrations of American students who are now adults feel so much guilt about slavery and Civil Rights issues that they’re afraid to speak up against crimes, sedition, and an invasion of our country for fear of being called racist.
- Pretty darn sure that the lesson did not include any real facts about the Party who was responsible for slavery, fought to keep their slaves and fought against the Civil Rights of freed slaves-the Democrats.
Way to go Mom!
Thumbs up to Shardé Carrington for being a devoted stay-at-home Mom who fights to protect her kids from the school swamps. And for being a strong woman who refuses to be manipulated.
It was surprising to find this article in the Left leaning Huffpost. Will others on the Left applaud her attitudes and actions?
Your thoughts? Comment below!
Join me in the MAGA fight! If you appreciate what you’ve read, please support this work on Patreon. Pledges start for as little as $1.00/ month. Thank you!
Note~ After showing this post to Sharde Carrington she let me know that this post does not represent her. Apparently she saw “MAGA” and “Trump” and bristled because she says those things don’t represent her at all. She felt that because I viewed any of it as an attack on whites that I wasn’t conveying her message. However, I’m not changing my interpretation of the events. Nor will I change my opinion that she’s doing a great job as a Mom. I do think it’s tragic that the Mainstream Media has been so successful in demonizing our President who is trying so hard to make things better for the black community and for all of us by repairing our economy and saving us from Globalism. Feeling very sad about that right now:(
Sources Huffington Post